Maritime and Jones Act Attorney in Houma, LA

Maritime and Jones Act Attorney in Houma, LAThere is nothing scarier than being hurt while out at sea. Even if you were hurt aboard a vessel, rig, or platform, you have rights. Bordelon & Shea Attorneys are the lawyers you can count on for offshore maritime injuries and accidents. They have represented countless Jones Act seamen and their families. Maritime law is an incredibly specific area of law, and you need to retain an attorney who has extensive experience in this area. Call Bordelon & Shea, LLP for the Maritime and Jones Act attorneys Houma can trust.

What Do I Do If I Get Injured At Sea?

There are very specific steps that you need to take if you have been injured aboard a sea vessel, boat, or rig. You need to:

  • Report your injury to your supervisor and make sure it is recorded on the vessel’s log.
  • Seek medical attention, even if you believe the injury is minor.
  • Take photos of your injuries and keep them in a safe place.
  • Write down what occurred in as much detail as you can.
  • Collect witness statements and get contact information from anyone who saw you get injured.

Call Your Houma Maritime and Jones Act Attorney

There are certain time limits in which you can recover compensation for your injuries. It is important as soon as you are able, to call an attorney to assert your rights. Do not sign any settlement agreement without your attorney looking over it first. Don’t let anyone bully you into accepting less than what your case is worth. Call Bordelon & Shea, LLP immediately and we can get started on your case.

When you have been injured offshore, call the Maritime and Jones Act Attorney Houma counts on. Call Bordelon & Shea, LLP. Dial 985-876-3377 today!